Create Experiments & Launch Jobs
- To create "Experiments" and launch "Jobs" you need to know your
- "Workspace" is your central interface after login.
- Based on your permission level you would have access to information.
- Generally as soon as you create your login and access this page, you would see grayed out "Applications" (See Image: Portal Workspace)
- Applications are your tools or codes that you would select to launch jobs ar remote resources.
TIP: Mark your "Favorites" using the star on the tile.
- On your right, you would see your latest computational experiments and their statuses.
Image: Portal Workspace
- The 'Experiment' is what you create using an existing Application in the workspace to submit a job in an external computational resource.
- Select an application from the workspace and you would then be able to create an experiment providing the inputs and computational resource queue properties.
- After providing the required inputs and creating the experiment either "Save & Launch" or "Save" to launch later.
- An experiment may have one-to-one or one-to-many relationship with computation jobs submitted at remote resources.
Image: Create Experiment Page
- Submitting a job from the gateway results in creating a Job Script, generating a Job Name, creating a Working Directory for the job in remote computational resource and submitting a job.
- Saving and launching a created experiments will submit a job.
- Once the job is submitted the remote resource will response back with a job ID.